There’s a reason Colorado is considered a winter wonderland. You can find some of the best family ski resorts in Colorado! With snowy winter days starting in mid-November and going until early April, there can be as many as 32 ski areas operating at one time. But we’ve combed the list to find 6 of the best family ski resorts in Colorado.
Table of Contents
- Best Family Ski Resorts in Colorado
Best Family Ski Resorts in Colorado
When it comes to ski resorts, Colorado is hopping with the best of the best. With so many different ski areas to visit, how do you pick the best one for your family? Let me take the leg work out for you, and share the best family-friendly ski resorts in Colorado.
Crested Butte Mountain Resort
Located in the town of Crested Butte, Crested Butte Mountain Resort gives a total family vibe with a variety of activities just for kids. Including skiing just for kids, there’s an Adventure park with a zero-gravity jump bag, rock climbing wall, and bungee tramps. Parents can enjoy “kids night out” where they can be on their own for the night. Additionally, you can opt for ski lessons for kids, teens, and adults so you can really get flying down the slopes.
The resort features 3 signature properties: The Grand Lodge, Lodge at Mountaineer Square, and The Plaza. And, one of the best parts about staying at the resort is the easy access to transportation. Mountain Express is a free shuttle that takes you between the resort and the town of Crested Butte where you can enjoy everything the town has to offer. It’s easy to see why this resort makes the list of best family ski resorts in Colorado.
Aspen Snowmass Ski Resort
With 4 mountains and two towns, you get an unforgettable experience when you visit Aspen Snowmass Ski Resort. Filled with nature, culture, and recreational fun, this is one of the best family ski resorts in Colorado. Take a look at all the fun you can have here:
- Fort Frog: This Old West inspired fort on Buttermilk is a great place for kids to play.
- Live music: At Limelight hotel, the lounge is the place to be for live music.
- Climbing wall: Kids and adults can challenge themselves to new heights.
- ULLR nights: Fun winter activities can be found at Elk camp.
- Alpine coaster: Take a speedy ride along an elevated track through the forest above camp Elk.
There’s a variety of places to stay within the resort including condominiums, hotels, and pet-friendly lodging. In some of the facilities, you get a hot tub/pool, fireplace, internet, and more.
Beaver Creek Resort
Lock in your winter adventure at Beaver Creek Resort. This resort makes sure every detail is planned out for you so you can just enjoy being with your family. And, there’s more than just skiing here, so the little ones won’t run out of fun things to do. And, at the end of the ski day, as you leave the slopes, warm cookies are served! Check out what they have to offer:
- On-hill story time: Kids can listen to a story up on the hill.
- Thursday night lights: Delight in a glow-stick ski procession followed by fireworks every Thursday night.
- Ice skating
Here at Beaver Creek, the longer you stay, the more you save. With its variety of lodging options, it’s one of the best family ski resorts in Colorado and you’re sure to find just the right fit for you and your family.
Steamboat Ski Resort
Located in Steamboat Springs, Steamboat Ski Resort is a family resort with kids in mind. Here, kids 12 and under get to ski for free with a purchase of a 5-day adult lift ticket. There’s also a snowsports ski school to get kids up on the mountain and a kid’s vacation center for a more inclusive experience. Take a look at everything you can do:
- Old town hot springs: Swim, fly down waterslides, and get through the floating obstacle course.
- Ice Skating
- Sleigh Ride and Dinner: Dash through the snow in a sleigh then settle down to a four-course dinner.
- Mountain Coaster: Kids can ride the longest coaster in North America.
- Carnivals and Festivals: And, you won’t want to miss the Winter carnival or the Springalicious Festival providing fun for everyone.
Whether you want to be pampered or are looking to stay as economical as possible, you’ll be able to find it at Steamboat. From 4-star hotels and affordable motels to downtown condos and townhomes, they have it all.
Keystone Resort is located in, you guessed it, Keystone, CO. It’s one of the best family ski resorts in Colorado becuase kids of all ages can discover the magic of playing in the snowy mountains and adults learn they are still kids at heart. Depending on where you lodge, you can enjoy the following activities:
- Mountain top snow tubing
- Ice skating
- Scenic sleigh ride
- Snow Fort
- Snowmobile tour
Whether you want a traditional hotel room or a multi-bedroom suite, Keystone has a variety of accommodations to suit everyone’s needs. If you want to escape the hustle and bustle, stay at East, West, and North Keystone, but if you like to be right in the action, you’ll want to consider River Run Village. And, Mountain House is perfect for families that want both convenience and a quiet atmosphere.
For more information about Keystone, read Everything You Need To Know for Winter Vacay At Keystone Resort.
Copper Mountain Ski Resort
If you’re looking for family ski resorts in Colorado where kids get to ski free, Copper Mountain Ski Resort is the place to be! In fact, kids 15 and younger can ski for free. In addition, there are a plethora of other fun family-friendly activities on the mountain. Here are a few things you’ll love about Copper Mountain:
- Kids night out program: Get 3-hours of free child care with games, crafts, and movies for kids.
- Crittleland: Found at the base of the tubing hill is Critterland where there’s a tubing carousel, mini tubing hill, a snow den with tunnels, and other fun activities.
- Indoor playground
- Alpine Rush Zip Line: Two riders can soar side by side 30-feet above the West Lake Ice Skating rink.
- Mountain coaster
In addition to being just footsteps away from the slopes, restaurants, and family entertainment, Copper Mountain Ski Resort also promises around the clock service from their lodging services team to give you the best experience. With a variety of lodging options, you’ll find just what you need.
Best Family Ski Resorts in Colorado
When you stay at a resort, you get everything you need out of your vacation including lodging, dining options, and fun, family-friendly activities the whole family will love. Take the stress out of planning by staying at one of the best family friendly ski resorts in Colorado. You won’t be disappointed