Surely I can’t be the only one that gets absolutely giddy in the lobby of a nice hotel, right? That literally squeals with delight when they walk into a bright, airy, clean hotel room?
Seriously — is it just me?? OK, fine.
But we can’t deny that having a really solid place to lay your head while traveling is paramount. And if you’re as bad as me, a bad hotel can really put a damper on the entire visit.
Well, that’s why we put so much weight into our hotel reviews.
All family friendly hotels MUST have:
- Free wi-fi [because YouTube can literally save your sanity sometimes when you’re traveling with kids]
- Separate beds for the kids [we ended co-sleeping after I woke up with a toe in my nose]
- Kid friendly amenities available such as a crib, cot, high chair, etc.
- High Security [limited access to guest floors and someone manning the front desk at all times]
It is a bonus if they also have:
- Babysitting services available [complimentary or at an additional charge]
- A fitness center for its members [in case we need to work off all the gelato]
- A tub [sometimes showers just don’t cut it]
We break out our reviews based on:
What We Liked
What We Loved
What We Could Have Done Without [No hotel is perfect and we feel it is important to include these types of things]
Lastly, we provide our overall opinion — would we stay there again, would we recommend it to a friend, etc. — and our overall rating out of 5.
- 1 = Hell no. I’d rather sleep in my car.
- 2 = Meh, maybe. If it was super convenient or the only thing available.
- 3 = Didn’t hate it so would recommend it if the price was right. [Don’t blame me. Blame the budget.]
- 4 = Great stay with only a few caveats so would stay there again.
- 5 = HYFR it’s the best hotel EVER!