Note: This post may contain affiliate links! Check our disclaimer if you need more info!
This is a post with self discovery journal prompts to help promote an introspective mentality.
I’m writing this post at kind of an odd time – not just in my personal life but in the world at large. Recent knee surgery has all but rendered me immobile and put a halt to all our spring break trips. Being so stationary has surprisingly triggered a lot of introspection and was the inspiration for this blog post. Who would have known that a lot of my self-worth comes from my ability to take care of myself and my family?
Also, there has been a worldwide virus outbreak that is slowly [and hopefully temporarily] changing life as we know it. The travel industry, specifically, has screeched to an abrupt halt and things seem dire.
However, I am choosing to focus on the positive. While I have the time I am investing some time in further self discovery. As a result, I created these self discovery journal prompts. If you are also looking for journal prompts for self discovery, I hope they are helpful for you.
21 Self Discovery Journal Prompts
Use these journal prompts for self discovery. It is preferred that you answer these self discovery journal prompts when you are alone and have some quiet introspection. Try to answer them fully and honestly for the greatest benefit.
- I find when I am feeling my happiest, it is when I am ______.
- Describe yourself in 10 words. Separate the positive adjectives from the negative ones. What can you do to amplify the positive and address the negative?
- When I picture self-care, this is what it looks like to me.
- What is the kindest thing I can do for myself [and only myself] today?
- ________ is the biggest mistake of my life and this is what I learned from it.
- I am deserving of love and respect. These are the expectations of my loved ones.
- This is a problem I have been avoiding. Now that I have acknowledged it, here is how I will work to resolve it.
- These are 3 things in my life that are most important to me. This is how I will cherish and protect them.
- In moments of weakness, I tend to display _____. How can I better redirect those feelings?
- What goals do I have for myself today? This week? This month? This year?
- Create a list of people that inspire you. What characteristics about them can you apply to yourself?
- Do I feel that my career enriches my life? If yes, what about my job makes me a better person? If not, what is missing in order for me to feel fulfilled in my career?
- This is something I can commit to doing every day for myself.
- What does confidence feel like to me?
- These are my life passions.
- These are the positive things I lean on when things are difficult.
- These are things I view as personal weaknesses. These are the ways I will acknowledge, accept, and challenge those weaknesses.
- Name three things that bring me joy.
- What are my hobbies? How can I dedicate more time to enriching myself with these hobbies?
- What are the most important qualities that the people in your support circle must have? Do the people currently in your circle embody those qualities?
- Out of the roles you play in life [wife, mother, co-worker, sister, friend, etc.], which is the most important? How can you divest more energy into that role?
These are 21 self discovery journal prompts to use to find your center and get to know yourself better.
What journal prompts for self discovery do you use?